Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Background Stamp Designer Paper

One of the things I love to do is to create my own designer paper using background stamps. Creative Inspirations paints is fantastic for this activity. This stamp, from Stampland, is a favorite of mine.  The dark ink background with the white flower and leaves just calls for the CI paints. Here I used peach and sage paints to color the images. The open leaves were outlined with white gel pen. I hated to cover up the look of the background, so I simply highlighted the card with a peach ribbon stamped with a simple sentiment and attached a peach butterfly. The finished card has a very elegant and shimmery look to it.

8 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Very cool Barbara. I can only imagine what it looks like in real life.

Jan Hennings said...

Barbara,
A beautiful card, indeed! Love the rich colors you've used and the little butterfly jewel is adorable!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful job!!

Kassi said...

so elegant! great job!

Holly said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!

Kianel said...

Absolutely stunning card Barbara!
just looooove it!
love from France, Kianel.

Jenn K said...

Lovely card!!

Chrissy D said...

GORGEOUS background. I love this idea!