Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

blue jeans beauty...

Have you ever noticed just how cute pockets can be?  

While looking at photos I wanted to scrapbook, I came across an adorable photo of my niece in a cute denim dress.... I knew I wanted to use a pocket off of an old pair of jeans as an embellishment, but it needed more...  

I wanted to bring you along on the creation process...

What you need:
Pocket from old pair of pants
Gesso
Creative Inspirations Paint


 Step 1: remove the desired pocket from an old pair of pants (I love re-purposing stuff!)

Step 2: depending on the fabric, you may be able to fray the edges... Jeans fray wonderfully!

 Step 3: randomly brush rub, or smear on gesso... This will give a distressed look and help the color of the CI paint pop.

 Step 4: randomly brush on CI paint.. For visual interest, don't cover every inch of the fabric or gesso... Let the different layers show through.

 Now, this distressed and sparklized pocket can be used as is... 
-or-
see that stitching?
It is a perfect place to nestle a line of Metallic Inspirations for an extra pop of color!

enjoy!
~Kassi

7 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Cute!!!

Sarah said...

Kassi, that is so totally awesome! I have some pockets that I saved; I will be trying this idea very soon. Thanks

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is such a cool idea. The results are over the top gorgeous!

BarbaraW said...

Such a cool idea. Fabulous layout

Cheryl said...

Awesome idea! Love the flowers coming out of the pocket.

Holly said...

How fun!! I love the flowers in the jeans pocket, and that pocket is such a fun addition to a scrapbook page!

Kianel said...

Oh my! how do you that? how do you come with so many greatr ideas each week?
This one is amazing! love your page!
Love from France, Kianel.