Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sunflower Birthday Card



Hi everyone! Carla here today... sorry for the lateness of today's post... I can't believe it's Dec. 28th! I hope you all had a great Christmas!!


I decided to go a little summery for today's post. I feel like all I've done for the past 2 months is Christmas cards and I needed a change! And you can't go wrong with Sunflowers right?!


The flowers on here started off as white Prima flowers from a pilar pack. I painted them with Sunshine first and then added highlights with Buttercup and darkened the centers with Mango and Chocolate CI Paints. Then I added brown gems to the centers to finish them off.


I painted a scrap of Ranger's Sticky Back Canvas with Chocolate paint and to lighten the center, I added Gesso with a wet paintbrush. Beware that this also masks the shimmer, but for this card, I was fine with shiny edges only. Then I just heat embossed a Happy Birthday message in gold embossing powder over the Gessoed area (is that even a word?... I know you know what I mean!)


As a little extra hint of glimmer, I used Evergreen paint to highlight and darken the leaves on the patterned paper I was using for my background (you can see it in the photo, especially on the right). I often make subtle changes to patterned papers like that, and it helps tie in the very shimmery flowers with the rest of the elements of the card.


Cheers for now!

8 comments:

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card! Love the sunflowers!!

Dawnll said...

I love sunflowers, these are beautiful. I am with you and wanting some spring

Sandie said...

I love this, its just gorgeous!

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the bit of sunshine!

Creative Inspirations said...

Very beautiful!!!! We are all looking forward to a little bit of spring.

Unknown said...

What a lovely card, Carla!

Kianel said...

Carla your card is beautiful, love the colors, so warm!
Love from France, Kianel.

Holly said...

How beautiful!!!!!! Love sunflowers!