Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Just Another Brick In The Wall

I have an Urban/Grungy Valentine card for you today. I've been seeing so many cool projects with brick backgrounds, and wanted to give it a try. I had the Tim Holtz brick embossing folder, so that's where I started. I painted one side of the folder with Tickled Pink paint from Creative Inspirations. I ran a piece of Echo Park paper (with text graphics) through the folder - to give a graffiti look. Next, I rubbed Pumice Stone Distess ink over the wall, to tone it down a bit and highlight the details. I used stamps from Unity to finish out my city card.


Here's a picture of the brick wall before it was added to the card, so you can see the textures.

Have a great week!

6 comments:

Holly said...

Love your pink brick wall!!!

~ Kendra ~ said...

This is so cool! Love it, such a fun card!! The brick wall turned out so neat!

Carla said...

This is so neat!! I need to try this out in my journal for sure!!

BarbaraW said...

What a cool card. Love your brick wall.

Kianel said...

Stunning technique! Very grunge style and beautiful card!
Love from France, Kianel.

Debora said...

That's an awesome technique! Can't wait to try it out too.