Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Sparkling Coasters

Coasters are something in my home that are always needed. We try to not place our drinks directly on certain tables without coasters under them. Today I wanted to share a coaster I made using some Creative Inspirations Paint as well as some CI Embossing powder.  After seeing how well these turned out, I definitely plan on making more. 

I painted a wood block with Burgundy paint from the center of the wood to the outside edge. I used Antique Copper along the outside edge of the wood. The two colors look so great blended together. 


After the paints had dried I stamped the heart using Versamark and then used Deliquesce Metallic Copper embossing powder over it for this great metallic look. I used some gear stamps in the corners when I was finished. The only thing I have left to do to finish this coaster is to seal it. We can then start to use it. 


Above is a close up of the embossing powder... I love the way it shines!! It really looks great with this stamp. 

Below are the colors of paint and embossing powder used from Creative Inspirations Paint in my project today. 






Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you've found inspiration in my project today and can see how you can make something as simple as a piece of wood into a wonderful piece of usable home decor. :) 





4 comments:

jessica said...

This is awesome Emily!!! What a gorgeous project!!!

Unknown said...

Love the colors on your coaster and the fun stamps you used are very cool!!

Dana Tatar said...

Fantastic work Em! I love the rich color palette and the stamps are super cool! =)

simply monica said...

Love the coasters awesome