Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, April 8, 2013

Love Lives Here

Making projects to display in my home is one of the joys of creating for me. I love taking something and making it pretty to hang in our home. It makes it feel like home by having it there. I'm sure many of you feel this way when you see one of your pieces on your wall or someone else's. It's definitely satisfying. I recently found some shaped wood pieces I had purchased online, but never completed decorating. One was in the shape of a heart and thought it would look really cute for a door hanging... covered of course in Creative Inspirations Paint! 

Here is what the finished project looks like... 

Before doing anything, I primed the entire heart, front and back using white Gesso. Next, I painted the front using CI Paint in Sunshine and Buttercup. I used some drywall joint tape as a stencil to make the dots in Fuchsia CI Paint. Using Versamark and a flourish Unity Stamp along with some Deliquesce in Fine black, I added the black flourishes over the top of the dotted background. The three colors just popped! I wanted a sentiment, so using some white cardstock painted with more Buttercup paint, I once again embossed the sentiment and house stamp with more Fine Black embossing powder. Fuchsia, Mango and Evergreen were used to color in the heart, sun and tree on the sentiment. I adhered it using Zapdots for dimension. To finish off the piece, I painted the edges, sides and back of the heart with Onyx paint and attached the flower and twine. It is now hanging on our side entry door. I love how it looks when walking up to the door. :) 

I've added these close up shots so you can see how bold and bright the colors are... it was a bit cloudy outside, so it's a little harder to see the shimmer. It is very shimmery though! 

And here are the colors/products used:

Thank you for stopping by! I'll see you soon! 



7 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Fantastic hanging Em! I love the pop of pink!

Lucy E. said...

Awesome project! I will have to try this.

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful Emily great colors so bright and cheerful!!

Michelle H. said...

Very beautiful! Love all the colors you used!

Julie Odil said...

That is one of my favoirte Unity stamps! This is wonderful!

simply monica said...

Awesome hanging great colors

Migdalia said...

GORGEOUS!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥