Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Last Days of Summer

Hello!

Shea here with Glitter and Bonbons to show you a card that I made for our current challenge Inspired By: "Back to School."  Except I have no one in my world who is going back to school, so I made a fall-themed card instead, and one clear indicator of fall is the apple tree full of ripe apples.

The days are still warm, the sun is still shining, there's still time to play on the tire swing but summer is starting to wind down.

I embossed the edges of the red base layer with Deliquesce White embossing powder and used a popped up die cut frame to frame the image.

I painted the leafy part of the tree with Green Olive and Evergreen, and the apples with Garnet.  Then I covered them with Glossy Accents.  Because shiny apples are the most appetizing.

I used chalks to color in the background.


Some ribbon and an apple-shaped brad finish things off.

 
A little stamping on the inside, and this card was finished.

Thanks so much for joining me, and don't forget to come play with us in our newest challenge!

Happy crafting!


4 comments:

Gertrude said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, wunderschön
lg gertrude

Kassi said...

Fabulous! I love the chalk background!

Unknown said...

Pretty card, Shea!

Kimberly S said...

So adorable, and prefer shimmer with the paints Shea! :) hugs, Kimberly